We believe that independent living should not be limited by one's disability. We tailor our services for each client to meet their specific needs. This position is part of our community based and in-home supported living program. Caregivers will visit clients in their homes, a family oriented environment, assisting them with tasks that may otherwise prohibit them from maintaining their independence, while also promoting community integration.
· Planning and participating in activities with the individuals out in the community or in the home
· Redirecting the individuals when exhibiting inappropriate behaviors
· Transport and accompany individuals to activities and medical appointments as needed in vehicles which may include a car or van
· Participating in grocery shopping and preparing meals
· Assisting with various house cleaning duties
· Assisting with bathing, grooming, toileting, administering medications, and other hygiene and daily living activities
· Recording all pertinent information and reporting to a direct supervisor
· Staff/client ratio is 1:1 or 1:2
· Applicants must be at least 18 years or older
· Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and proof of insurance
· Experience desired but not necessary - paid training provided
· Desire to help clients improve the quality of their lives to the best of their abilities
· Dependability is a requirement as we are in the health care business of caring for people who cannot do this for themselves
· Caring and energetic personality
Compensation and Benefits:
· $11.00-$12.50 per hour depending on experience
· Vacation for full-time and part-time employees
· Holiday pay for full-time employees
· Paid training
· Advancement opportunities
· YMCA corporate discount
· Volunteer on-call bonus incentive program
· Meal, activity & mileage reimbursement
· Flexible scheduling
· Employee Referral Program
***EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***
"To be honest, I did not choose this career, it chose me. Now, 5 years later, I would not want to be anywhere else. I love the individuals that I care for, I have learned so much about myself from them. This job is not for everyone, it takes a strong individual with patience, understanding and love in their hearts."
"This is one of the best places I have ever worked. With the caring and family atmosphere it is very rewarding to feel as though I make a difference with the people I care for and the relationships I've built make every day special and more than just a job."
"It's an amazing place to work."
"Gloriana LLC is the best! They truly live up to their tagline: "Our family caring for yours!"
Sorry all positions are currently filled. Please check back later.
Thank you for your interest!
For paper copy of our application, please pick up at:
Marathon County Job Center
364 Grand Avenue
Wausau, WI 54403